Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Service Learning

Adjuster Quick Reference Reporting Guide

Defense Counsel Reporting:
·       15-days – Telephone conference scheduled?
                        Strategy discussed?
·       21-days - Defense Analysis received?
                        Coverage cleared?
                        Discovery action plan in place?
                        Written discovery?
                        Interrogatories
                        Request for Admissions?
                        Request for Production?
·       90-days  - 90-day status report received?
                        Depositions scheduled?
                        Experts retained?
                        Proposal for settlement filed?
Pre-Mediation Report:
·       Received 14 days prior to mediation?
·       Pros/cons noted?
·       Discovery complete?
·       Authority requested? (Adjuster level/David level/Brian level)
Pre-Trial Report: 
·       Received 60 days in advance of trial date?
·       Pre-Trial disclosure/witness lists complete?
·       All pros/cons noted and discussed with management?
·       David/Brian/George signed off on trial?

1 comment:

  1. On December 15, 2011, my company rolled out a standardized set of litigation handling procedures, so that all of the panel counsel we use would be on the same page.

    I created the Guidelines document, and I realized it included a lot of things that the handling claims adjusters don't need. So to streamline this, I wanted to create a Quick Reference Guide that they could keep at, on, or near their desks, that would enable them to access pertinent things easily.

    ReplyDelete